Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Binary Load / Location of QVF files

Hi all,

I have a very complex requirement to pull a large amount of data from various datasources into 1 app for my userbase.  I have static historic data and daily refreshing current data which needs to be combined and filtered based on criteria needed by my end user.  

I had hoped i could take advantage of binary loads as QVDs are very slow for me (my data is in Canada and my servers are in UK and I have a big latency issue).  By having a static app with all my history, binary loading that into my current app (which i can refresh daily) which I can then filter and spit out much smaller qvd files is a process which works when everything is updated manually.  As soon as i try and do it through automated refresh tasks in QMC, the binary loads don't work.  I don't have section access involved so i believe my binary load doesnt work because the files are locked in my enterprise server environment as per https://support.qlik.com/articles/000011152

Question for the group - is there a way i can run my refreshes and then store a copy of my qvf in a different location to my app folder (effectively giving me a static copy of my app which is not affected by the maintenance jobs) so I can support my binary load approach?  I've attached a rough image of my logic.  Any advice welcome.  

1 Reply
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi,

One thing you can do is create a physical copy(QVF) of your history app and store it under any other location than Qlik Apps. And then use the Legacy mode in Qlik Sense to do a binary load from that file.

For example, assuming your history.qvf is stored under C:\HistoryData\ then your binary load after enabling the legacy mode in Qlik Sense will look like below.

BINARY [C:\HistoryData\History.qvf];

For enabling legacy mode check this link.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/June2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Deploy...

Check the standard mode option.

Regards,
Kaushik
If reply is satisfactory, please "Like" the post.
If reply is solution, please mark as "Correct".