Did you mean: 
sebastianfaust
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Binary Load with Section Access = unsecure

hi all,

i tried the 3 layer secured binary load i found here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/qlik-sense-secured-binary-loads-thomas-trolez

unfortunatly this seems not to be secure as it seems to be.

however, what we try to accomplish is that developers only get access to data they are allowed to see.

we built a datamodel with section access. The developers get access to the qvf file so they can perform a binary load.

works like charm. But if they implement their own section access, the section access from the first step gets overwritten.

any ideas?

sidenote, i think the mentioned solution is based on qlikview where an admin and a normal user exist. 

but in sense everyone has "admin" rights if he is the owner of the app.

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't know if it's possible in Sense to allow an user to change an application but to prevent any reloads. I assume that there are ways to configure it. Otherwise there should be a workaround by denying a file-access to the data-source.

The reason for it is that it makes not much sense to implement a labor division between one group of developers which extract/transform the data and build the final datamodel and those which just develop the UI - why should they perform a reload?

- Marcus

sebastianfaust
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

hi Marcus,

thanks for your reply.

the idea is that the developers can run the script and change parts,

but not to have access to all data.

basically, in a perfect world the developers would work completly with test data,

but as we not live in a perfect world, we dont have a test environment.

marcus_sommer

" ... and change parts ..." means to change parts from the script? Then it wouldn't be a classical binary load at all. In this case the use of a binary load should be reconsidered and the common qvd-loads with an appropriate slicing and access rights may be more suitable.

- Marcus