Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III

Boxplots and set analysis

Hi community,

I'm working woth the June 2017 release of Qlik Sense Desktop, and I'm fighting with boxplots. I want boxplot for workers and their sales, and a boxplot independent by selection of the single worker.

The first boxplot is quite easy.

dimension: worker

measure: Sum(sale)

Then I would like a boxplot independent by the selections of the worker, to compare the worker's behaviour with an overall behaviour.

dimension: worker

measure: Sum({$<[worker]=>}sale)

The problem is there: set does not works properly (maybe my mistake).

Attached an app with the example, and also a pie chart that is independent from worker selection.

I'm frankly doubtful, because for example R does not need a dimension for a boxplot, here a simple example (different data, but you can easily understand) with the result:

boxplot(x<-c(1,2,4,2,5,7,2))

Rboxplot.PNG

But Qlik yes, and maybe this is the key.

However, my question is: can I have a boxplot independent by selections? If so, also independent by its dimension? And how?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

It seems there is a bug in Qlik, could you help me?

Dirk Scharffetter, Jeffrey Goldberg, Mattias Malre Michael Tarallo

EDIT:

Posted in the Qlik Bug Group

Boxplots and Set Analysis

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

This is somewhat strange that set analysis isn't getting honored within the box plot... I would report this as a bug to Qlik

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your answer. How can I report this to Qlik?

However, this is part of the problem, because if the Boxplot implies always a compulsory dimension, this is going to 'implode' if you choose an occurrence of that dimension. I think a boxplot should be independent by dimension in its 'pure' form, like a histogram (and it is weird, because in Qlik an histogram has a dimension as compulsory, not a measure).

sunny_talwar

Check this thread for reporting a bug

How to report a bug

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks: I'm a partner, but I'd like to have a constructive public discussion, hoping someone's going to answer.

sunny_talwar

Sure, not stopping you from having a discussion my friend. Its always good to know, understand and talk about what a tool can and cannot do. I apologize if I hinted otherwise

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No no, you were extremely helpful, and I edited the post, putting the names of people in the post you have hinted, also I asked to partecipate do the bug report group (as reported on the post): my message was that I tried "the public way" despite to try the "private way", not that you hinted something different. Sorry if my message was misunderstood, you know, reading without the voice make messages misunderstood!

ckulp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Is  this still an issue? I am currently trying to develop a Box Plot like the OP. I want to include a box plot that does not change given User Selections. I use Set Analysis to ignore selections, but it does not work. I am interested if this is a bug still.

Is Set Analysis possible using a Box Plot in Qlik?

Thanks,

Chris

soysauce
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

having same issue with box plot.

Using september 2019 patch1

daafd
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue in August 2021 Patch 3.
The box plot does not honour the set analysis.