cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug in Qlik Sense Server Enterprise - Month() converts to wrong Month

Hi all,

I am reporting what I think it is a bug and ask whether there is a way to solve it. We are working with Qlik Sense April 2018 Patch 1. We want to work not with the latest version because we seek a more stable version (also because we are seeing more bugs there at the moment.

Basically, I have observed a strange behaviour with the Month() function and only with 1 particular month (screen shot below). As you see it translate the month coming from 03 as May and not March. It only happens to that month.

Any other person observing that? Any way to solve it?

Thank you

Fabiola

Capture-Month-Qlik.JPG

4 Replies
rick_vansoest
Partner - Contributor III

Something went wrong with your MonthNames or DateFormat in the Qlik Script?

SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';

SET DateFormat='DD.MM.YYYY';

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's the first thing I checked and I definitely don't have two "Mays"

SET DateFormat='DD.MM.YYYY';

SET MonthNames='Jan.;Feb.;Mar.;Apr.;May;June;July;Aug.;Sep.;Oct.;Nov.;Dec.';

SET LongMonthNames='January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December';

rick_vansoest

What result gives the function :

Month(date#(AdmissionDay,'DD.MM.YYYY'))

?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, I actually solved it after your reply Rick. Here is the thing: I have two applications, one that has the data model and all the "SET..." stuff (which were the ones I gave you above) and then I do a Binary load in another one where I have the visualisations. I don't have any "SET..." commands in that second app and I assumed that it would take the "SET..." from the app that has the data model. Just for the sake of it, I copied a pasted the "SET.." commands to the app with visualisations and it worked.

However, this creates then another question: from where was the app with viz taking the Settings? Is the "default" setting the one having the bug? (Note: I am in a German Computer so the months by default should have appeared in German, they still appeared in English so I guessed it was taking the "SET" from the first app)

For the moment, I will leave it like that but I see it a bit inconsistency here... any ideas?

By the way, thanks for putting me in the good direction even by chance!