Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Button for navigation (select multiple values)

Hello I'm working on Qlik Sense (latest version)
we already installed the Dashboard bundle extensions

I have a field called MONTH_YEAR which is derived using MonthName() function
Now I want to use the button for navigation to select all values that are greater than or equal to MonthName(Today())

in the Value I put the following expression:
=Concat({<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} distinct MONTH_YEAR,';')

which is returning the following values:
bug_2.PNG

However when I click the button nothing occurs
kindly advise
bug.PNG

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

it works but I need to select the option select a value in a field instead of select multiple values in a field 

and I had to update the syntax which is as follows:
= '(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34) ,'|') & ')'

Thank you very much indeed

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Try this?

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34),' | ') & ')'

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

doesn't work

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

The Loveisfail solution should be correct, but try this
='(' &chr(39)& Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34),chr(39)&' | 'chr(39)) &chr(39)& ')'
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

also doesn't work, the button does nothing

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

it works but I need to select the option select a value in a field instead of select multiple values in a field 

and I had to update the syntax which is as follows:
= '(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34) ,'|') & ')'

Thank you very much indeed

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@ali_hijazi  Please do correct flag which can help? Why mine is wrong and yours is correct?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

In my solution I needed an expression to select all month from January until this month. This was the outcome and it worked:

="'" & Concat(DISTINCT {$<Month = {"<=$(=NUM(Month(Today())))"} >}[Month No] & ';') & "'"

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ali,

How can I pass 2 date values in the filter column?