Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Button for navigation (select multiple values)

Hello I'm working on Qlik Sense (latest version)
we already installed the Dashboard bundle extensions

I have a field called MONTH_YEAR which is derived using MonthName() function
Now I want to use the button for navigation to select all values that are greater than or equal to MonthName(Today())

in the Value I put the following expression:
=Concat({<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} distinct MONTH_YEAR,';')

which is returning the following values:
bug_2.PNG

However when I click the button nothing occurs
kindly advise
bug.PNG

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

it works but I need to select the option select a value in a field instead of select multiple values in a field 

and I had to update the syntax which is as follows:
= '(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34) ,'|') & ')'

Thank you very much indeed

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34),' | ') & ')'

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

doesn't work

daanciorea
Partner - Contributor III

The Loveisfail solution should be correct, but try this
='(' &chr(39)& Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34),chr(39)&' | 'chr(39)) &chr(39)& ')'
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

also doesn't work, the button does nothing

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

it works but I need to select the option select a value in a field instead of select multiple values in a field 

and I had to update the syntax which is as follows:
= '(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<MONTH_NUM={">=$(=num(MonthName(today())))"}>} Chr(34) & MONTH_YEAR & Chr(34) ,'|') & ')'

Thank you very much indeed

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@ali_hijazi  Please do correct flag which can help? Why mine is wrong and yours is correct?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
heij1421

In my solution I needed an expression to select all month from January until this month. This was the outcome and it worked:

="'" & Concat(DISTINCT {$<Month = {"<=$(=NUM(Month(Today())))"} >}[Month No] & ';') & "'"

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

roshnirao
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ali,

How can I pass 2 date values in the filter column?