Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated field in pivot table

Hi,

I have a pivot table where the invoice values are shown by month and year. I managed to write an expression to calculate the delta percentage: ([Current Year]-[Previous Year])/[Previous Year]. This is being displayed in a separate pivot table.

Now to save some space on the sheet and to make it visually more appealing I would like to incorporate both the invoice values and the delta percentages in one pivot table. As you can see in attached print screen simply pasting the delta percentage expression did not do the trick.

Does someone have a solution for this?

P.S. I already found some information in another thread (Add a calculated column to pivot table with set analysis) where the solution of a dummy dimension is mentioned. Unfortunately I do not understand how this works.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Is this what you want:

Capture.PNG

(Sum([Invoice Value]) - Before(Sum([Invoice Value])))/Before(Sum([Invoice Value]))

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this what you want:

Capture.PNG

(Sum([Invoice Value]) - Before(Sum([Invoice Value])))/Before(Sum([Invoice Value]))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

That's 99% what I was looking for. Thx.

About the 1%. Is there a possibility to hide the below column as this is not relevant or is this inherent to a pivot table?

sunny_talwar

Is this always going to be a comparison between two years or could there be more than 2 years in this chart?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's always going to be a comparison between two years.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to re-run the application for me with a new table in it?

Dim:

LOAD * INLINE [

DIM

];

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure. See attachment.

sunny_talwar

My bad Tom, would you be able to run it with this:

Dim:

LOAD * INLINE [

DIM

];

I underestimated the need for the 3 in the DIM field. I apologize for asking over and over again to do this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No problem Sunny. It's you that is helping me so I don't mind.

sunny_talwar

Try the attached

Capture.PNG