Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenhasson
Creator
Creator

Can I append records to a Qlik Sense table, once loaded?

Hi,

I have an app which provided sales details, by loading invoice information via an SQL View directly from my ERP. It's working fine, however for last year, a few months of sales took place in a legacy system, not the ERP.

To get total sales, I wanted to append some records from a file I've prepared in Excel, covering the figures from the legacy invoices. I have structured this file in exactly the same format as the SQL view that provides the ERP invoice information.

Is there a way I can load the Excel records to the table in the app, such that the invoices from ERP + legacy show together? They have the company and fiscal period/month in common, set exactly the same way.

I can access the legacy data in the app, but it's not combined with the ERP data, so I can't really use in any meaningful way.

Can this be done somehow in Load Editor?

I have attached the app and the Excel.

Thanks for any insights...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please mark the question as answered or correct to close the thread unless you have more questions regarding your question that you need to get more information about.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes you can simply:

1) Go in to the Load Editor

2) Unlock the "Auto-generated section" if you haven't already done so

3) Remove from the fields the first part of the name the text "Legacy-" so they get exactly the same names as in the preceding table.

4) You can delete the last field with the name [NonEpicorSales2017.Legacy-TerritoryId_GeoInfo]

5) give the now remaining two last fields the same name [Country_GeoInfo]

that is [QlikView-InvoicedSales-Including-Corsham.Country_GeoInfo]

and [NonEpicorSales2017.Legacy-Country_GeoInfo]

Then all field names match and Qlik Sense will use something called auto concatenation which appends the second table to the first since all the field names are exactly the same.

stephenhasson
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much for your response.

I didn't quite follow the points re the territory geo fields (didn't seem to have these), however I have managed to get this to work now from your input. I appreciate the quick help.

Rgds,

Stephen

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please mark the question as answered or correct to close the thread unless you have more questions regarding your question that you need to get more information about.