Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjb34300
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't clear filter in Qlik Sense

I'm at a loss and hoping for some help.  I have an app in My Work that no matter how many times I clear the filter, it always returns the next time I open the report.  I don't have any bookmarks for this report and can't figure out why this filter is always set.  I've cleared my cache/cookies and even rebooted the server to try to shake this loose.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I've done something wrong.  Any ideas on how to clear this filter so when I run this report, no filters are selected?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I have had the same problem - ended up Exporting it in QMC, importing it into Desktop version, then reversing the process.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Perhaps you had this filter set when you saved the App.  This would cause it to return.  Save the App with out any filters selected and this should fix it.

Not applicable

I have had the same problem - ended up Exporting it in QMC, importing it into Desktop version, then reversing the process.

sjb34300
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the help.  Exporting to the Desktop version, clearing the filter, saving the sheet, then importing this QVF back into Server worked. 

This seems like a bug within Server. I suspect if there was a "save" button within the sheet in Server, this would work.  I tried editing the sheet, clearing the filter, clicking done and that didn't work. I also tried editing the App name after removing the filter thinking that might "save" the app/sheet - didn't work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue and we don't have the desktop version (or the ability to download it on work PCs) so if anyone has a solution that doesn't involve the desktop version I would be greatly appreciative.

Not applicable

The problem does begin as Andy W describes, but here is what I do to clear the “sticky” filter:

1. Remove the filter field from the dimension table in the Load script.
  2. Remove the filter field from the measure table in the Load script (as needed).
  3. Load the data.
  4. Without opening the app, place the field back into the Load script.
  5. Load the data again.