Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Can't open qvf in 3.1 SR2

Hi all,

So I got the problem couple of time since I installed the 3.1 SR2 :

I am editing my loading script, I save, then once I reopen my app it only load and load and load. But never actually load the app.

I get no error message, I only see the loading screen (the one with the bubble and circle we are all familiar with)

Am I the only one who get the problem or are there more of us ?

Since this morning I already lost my work twice. Which is pretty irritating.

Is there a way to reopen those "corrupted files".

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert99
Valued Contributor II

Re: Can't open qvf in 3.1 SR2

I think this is why SR3 was released so soon after SR2

I have been using SR3 and it is OK so far

8 Replies
sondre_taranger
New Contributor

I have the same problem as you describe after installing 3.1 SR2.

Have you got any solutions to the problem?

Not applicable

sondre.taranger I did not found the solution.

Fortunately I got few backup to restor my work.

I now do backup before every save.

One thing I noticed the "file corruption" is less likely to happen if my internet speed is high then if it is not.

As you can guess I did not played arround to see if it happened again.

If anyone have an answer let me know.

Not applicable

I too am having problems with SR2. I am doing a repair at the moment, but after I opened an existing app and reloaded the data it doesn't automatically save and if I try to save by clicking save it just never comes back from it. If i try to close the application I get the error that I may corrupt the data. I actually got my work machine to blue screen after one of these.

I may revert to the previous version.

Not applicable

I had to revert to the previous version. I hope my server is OK because I upgraded this too. I am not impressed.

robert99
Valued Contributor II

I think this is why SR3 was released so soon after SR2

I have been using SR3 and it is OK so far

Not applicable

Thanks Robert, I think I will hold off until it calms down a bit. I lost a couple of hours work on this though.

Not applicable

Hi jane.jackman

In the release note they mentionne this issue, I will mark Robert's answer as the correct one.

You can find the realease note here :

http://download.toccato.com.br/Qlik%20Sense%203.1.3%20FR/QlikSense31_SR3ReleaseNotes.pdf

Hope you will note face the problem again.

Not applicable

If anyone ever face this problem again in SR3, as I did, here are few step I found to prevent this from arriving again :

• Turn off you internet connection : On the desktop version I found this trick to work. I am not sure why. But I noticed the problem was more frequent when I had connections issues. So I tried to turn of my internet connection, and while offline I never had the problem.
  • Check synthetic keys: I found out that I get the problem mostly when I have a synthetic key in my developement model. So while loading a a table for the first time to your script just Qualify * all your script. You can load, and save. Make a copy and try to reload without the qualify. I saw improvement.
  • This only happens while using the dataload editor, so if you use it make some backups.

Still no way to salvage corrupted files.

Hope this was helpful.