Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

salewski
New Contributor II

Can't publish apps, teh option is not available

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my Qlik Sense Hub. I can't publish apps on the Clik Sense Hub. From the QMC it works, even if I create a new sheet in a published app, I can publish this. But the option is not available for the apps in my workspace.

I have already read and tried othe soulutions from this forum, but none of this helps. I have already created security rules and also adjust the existing ones accordingly. Now I don't know further, can someone help?

Greetings

6 Replies
tajmohamed30
Contributor III

Re: Can't publish apps, teh option is not available

micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

It's not clear what you want to do but:

1) You cannot publish apps from HUB.

2) when a sheet is created on published apps it's available only for the user who create the sheets.

3) If you want to add some sheets to a published app you have duplicate the app, work on your workspace and after that re-publish your app.

salewski
New Contributor II

I want to set up an BI-System and give my colleagues the right to create new apps and publish them without the QMC. They can create them, but not publish them.

So if I get it right, you mean with 1), when I create a new app for the first time, I have to publish it with the QMC. And only a published app can get duplicated, modified and the re-published by the owner/modifier?

2) and 3) are clear, thanks

diogoguilhen
New Contributor III

use QMC Utilities, thats is very helpful, there u can approve any published dashboard.

Qlik Sense QMC Utilities

micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

Yes,

Only the owner can duplicate a published app.

There are no possbility to publish apps without using QMC.

salewski
New Contributor II

Thanks for your answers, I'll try out the QMC Utilities and don't have to search any more for a solution

Community Browser