I recently upgraded to April 2018 SR1 from June 2017 SR1. Now the reload of operations monitor is failing. The users are experiencing serious performance degradations also. Please help to fix this.
Do you have a log file of the execution of the script of the Operations Monitor?
If you have scheduled a task in the QMC for it you should be able to find the log by clicking on the info icon in the status column of the Tasks view.
If you don't you should be able to find the log in the %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script
At the end of the log file, I see the below message:
2018-07-04 15:49:58 1218 For each endpoint in 'monitor_apps_REST_user','monitor_apps_REST_app','monitor_apps_REST_appobject','monitor_apps_REST_task'
2018-07-04 15:49:58 1219 CALL monitor_apps_REST_user
2018-07-04 15:49:58 1240 LIB CONNECT TO 'monitor_apps_REST_user'
2018-07-04 15:50:28 Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)
2018-07-04 15:50:29 Execution Failed
2018-07-04 15:50:29 Execution finished.
I provided the service account with root admin access. still, reload is failing.
2018-07-04 16:02:32 1218 For each endpoint in 'monitor_apps_REST_user','monitor_apps_REST_app','monitor_apps_REST_appobject','monitor_apps_REST_task'
2018-07-04 16:02:32 1219 CALL monitor_apps_REST_user
2018-07-04 16:02:32 1240 LIB CONNECT TO 'monitor_apps_REST_user'
2018-07-04 16:03:03 Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)
2018-07-04 16:03:03 Execution Failed
2018-07-04 16:03:03 Execution finished.
May be these are the issues:
Check & provide, Qlik Sense service user role as RootAdmin.
Quite often the problem comes from a miss configuration with the Qlik Repository Service (QRS) using the REST connector. If so, try to follow these steps:
1) Login in the qmc with rootAdmin grants
2) Got to the Data Connections TAB (third from the top on the left side panel)
3) Find out and modify these connections (qrs_app, qrs_appobject, qrs_event, qrs_licenseSummary, qrs_loginAccess, qrs_task, qrs_user, qrs_userAccess). For each of those change the owner to your user
4) Login in the hub, go to the Data Load Editor, now you can see the previous Data Connections in all you apps (in your working area) even from a new app
5) For each one click on the pencil icon and flag "Skip server certificate verification" notice, the data connection name change appending your user to the data connection original name
6) Make a Connection TEST, now the connection test should work
7) Come back to qmc, for each data connection rename it (removing the user name appended) and replace the original owner (INTERNAL\sa_repository)
Now the task should works.
Also check the below link.
I also see the below text in the logs:
LIB CONNECT TO 'QLogs'
2018-07-04 15:56:10 Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)
2018-07-04 15:56:10 0078 LET tempErrorDetails = ScriptErrorDetails
2018-07-04 15:56:10 0079 IF Len(tempErrorDetails) > 0 THEN
2018-07-04 15:56:10 0080 trace ERROR: Connection aborted
2018-07-04 15:56:10 0080 ERROR: Connection aborted
2018-07-04 15:56:10 0083 TRACE Could not validate active database logging. Sourcing from file logs instead.
2018-07-04 15:56:10 0083 Could not validate active database logging. Sourcing from file logs instead.
I duplicated the license monitor and reloaded it from data load editor. I am getting the below errors while reload.
Both data connections exists in QMC.