Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Can we disable Chart Suggestion by default?

Hi team,

In Qlik Sense, we have chart suggestion feature.  By default, it is enabled.  Is there any way to disable Chart Suggestion by default? 

Many thanks

LIsa

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The Shift+Drag method of creating Filter Panes is a good one.

You may also be interested in how you can turn off Chart Suggestions for good within each application.

This blog post details how: http://bit.ly/362z7CK

Steve

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

On What bases you want to disable this feature? Is that need to be disable when we are opening the sheet?
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
PrashantSangle

No I think you can not.
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This thing annoyes me too. Haven't found the way for disabling it yet.
PrashantSangle

just for my understanding, why you want to disable it?

Regards,
Prashant sangle
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Because this suggestion practically every time does not coincide with my opinion. This option interfere development process.
drminaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree also. This is a huge hassle and time waster for my development.  Please provide a way to disable. The most annoying it that you can no longer drag and drop fields as filters, they come in as tables.

PrashantSangle

If you want fields as filter after drag and drop then while drag and drop press shift key also.
drminaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

Wow! Thank you! It works. I can't believe this is all there was too it. I'll share with co-workers and we're all very grateful for this!

R.
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The Shift+Drag method of creating Filter Panes is a good one.

You may also be interested in how you can turn off Chart Suggestions for good within each application.

This blog post details how: http://bit.ly/362z7CK

Steve