Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddprete
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot Open file when tying to Store to a QVD

Hello,

I have an existing qlik sense app that runs once a month, that sometimes fails when trying to store the data to the QVD.   Now the QVD is locked.   The process is trying to store @ 11 million records.   I have many other scripts that run successful but are much smaller in size.  I've pasted part of the log below. 

2017-05-01 09:33:10 0182 STORE MAC_TABLE INTO  S:\Data Files\QVDFiles\RACE\GDW\MONTHLY_ACTIVE_CONTRACT_QVD.QVD

2017-05-01 09:33:20      Error: Cannot open file: 'S:\Data Files\QVDFiles\RACE\GDW\MONTHLY_ACTIVE_CONTRACT_QVD.QVD'

2017-05-01 09:33:20      Execution Failed

2017-05-01 09:33:20      Execution finished.

12 Replies
toddprete
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Bill,

The restarting of the server (not service) successfully unlocked the QVD.  I also added the sleep after the STORE command, reloaded the app, and the QVD was successfully reloaded. 

Thanks for your help.

federerman
Contributor III
Contributor III

We experienced a similar issue with QVD locking when performing an incremental load.  In short, we read the QVD from disk and append new/updated records, then store it back to disk overwriting the old QVD.

Occasionally, the STORE command would fail (maybe once a week) with error messages suggesting QVD locking.

Thinking it was likely a latency issue where the lock wasn't being released after the initial read, we tried adding a 10s sleep BEFORE the store command.  This did not resolve the issue.  After finding this thread, we added a 10s sleep AFTER the store command and the issue seems to be resolved.  We are going on 2 weeks without a task failure.

While counter intuitive, this solution seems to work.  Thank you very much for posting!

P.S.  Would be nice if the store command had this feature built in, or just worked, rather than having to use this work around.

Eve182
Contributor
Contributor

I've been seeing the same issue for years now. But sometimes the fail would be only once a month. so it was not that urgent for me. But I am giving this sleep suggestion a try and I hope this solves the problem.

Thanks.