Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahidu1030
Contributor II
Contributor II

Changed column sequence after data export

Hello everyone,

I have a problem.

I prepared a flat table with certain sequence of columns, which is a combination of dimensions and measures.

In "Sorting" I have adapt this sequence as well. But when I export data in Excel, the sequence is changed.

Can somebody tell me why? Is it due to combination of dimension and measure? And how can I really download the table 1:1 without change of column sequence?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Xiaoyu,

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/DataExport/export-data.htm

When you export tables from Qlik Sense, the resulting .xlsx files will have dimensions before measures, regardless of the order in the Qlik Sense table visualization. This is due to how the Qlik Sense engine service associates data. To work around this current limitation, create calculated dimensions from your measures and use the dimensions instead of measures in the table.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Xiaoyu,

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/DataExport/export-data.htm

When you export tables from Qlik Sense, the resulting .xlsx files will have dimensions before measures, regardless of the order in the Qlik Sense table visualization. This is due to how the Qlik Sense engine service associates data. To work around this current limitation, create calculated dimensions from your measures and use the dimensions instead of measures in the table.

ahidu1030
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Kaan,

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, for some column if I change from dimension to measure, it works. But for some other it doesn't work.

E.g.

The formular is:

= if ( sum ([INVL.Purchase Order Quantity])=0 and sum ([INVL.Delivery Quantity])> 0, 'Y', 'N')

What I did is just copy the formular and paste to the dimention I create.