Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
maurizio_masini
New Contributor II

Charting dimensions in a timeline for item

I have a table that includes request numbers and different values, representing the time spent by that request in a specific status.

I'd like to chart a timeline where the bars represents a stacked (or not) visualization, by yr/mo i.e., of the averages of these timeboxes.

My table looks like this:

Request N.Date (d/m/y)Created (d)Processed (d)Waiting Approval 1 (d)Waiting Approval 2 (d)
123403/01/191.522.53
234503/01/191135.5
654304/02/192342
789905/03/192.512.53
987606/03/191132
467506/03/1921.521.5

In my view I should have a barchart with a timeline in X and the bars representing all requests created in that month/year, with stacked (or not, so multiple bars) with, as measure, the average of the time in the different statuses.

clipboard_image_0.png

Something like this (here not in scale...)

Can someone enlighten me ? I tried with several AGGR, DISTINTC, etc. but always failed.

thanks

1 Reply
Gui_Approbato
New Contributor III

Re: Charting dimensions in a timeline for item

Considering that your table is loaded as shown:

Load 

"Request N." ,
"Date (d/m/y)" ,
"Created (d)" ,
"Processed (d)" ,
"Waiting Approval 1 (d)",
"Waiting Approval 2 (d)"

from table;

I would do a crosstable for the values (in a resident table or not), and also create the field "month/year", so we would have:

Crosstable(Status,Value,3)

Load 

"Request N." ,
"Date (d/m/y)" ,

month("Date (d/m/y)")&'/'&year("Date (d/m/y)") as "month/year" ,
"Created (d)" ,
"Processed (d)" ,
"Waiting Approval 1 (d)",
"Waiting Approval 2 (d)"

from table;

After that you can create your chart with the month/year axis and break it with Status, and use the sum of value as measure