Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Code Management: How to import scripts

Hello,

I have questions regarding code management and best practises for big projects.

Is it possible to write script functions (in the load script) one time in a certain place and use them (via some kind of import) for different apps without copying the same code into the app?

What is the best way to manage data? Is there a way to manage it globally and use it across different apps?

The goal is to avoid redundancy and minimise coding.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Is it possible to write script functions (in the load script) one time in a certain place and use them (via some kind of import) for different apps without copying the same code into the app?

Yes, certainly.

Is there a way to manage it globally and use it across different apps?

I think you're looking for the Qlik Deployment Framework.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, certainly.

Is there a way to manage it globally and use it across different apps?

I think you're looking for the Qlik Deployment Framework.

Not applicable
Author

> Yes, certainly.

How so? Does this also imply using QlikView Deployment Framework?

I guess it's also usable for Qlik Sense?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the Include directive to include a text file (with for example script code) in your apps script. See the online help for more information: Include ‒ Qlik Sense

You do not need QDF to be able to use Include. But QDF makes it a lot easier to reuse code and other resources in apps. And yes, QDF can also be used with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

The include is what I was looking for. But the QDF also looks promising. Thanks! I appreciate your answer.