Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator

Combine different sources in the data manager

Hello,

I am working with a big shipment database in Qlik sense. This data comes from the data warehouse. In this database, certain customer names are not filled in correctly. So i have made an excel file with two columns: "wrong customer name" and "new customer name". Now I want to add a formula in the data manager with the following conditions:

- If the customer name from the data warehouse exists in the column wrong customer name, the field should show the new customer name

- If the customer name from the data warehouse does not exist in the column wrong customer name, the field should show the customer name from the data warehouse.

This way i will have one new column with all the right customer names from the data warehouse combined with the new customer names from the Excel file.

I tried to start with this, but i noticed that you cannot access column names of another source in a calculated field in the data manager.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Not sure but you may modify your script to add required fields, I do everything through manual script so not exactly sure if it can be done after the auto generated code from data manager.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Me too I not recommend using the data manager for this..it uses a lot of system resources (lots of graphics in it)

Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably can do what you are after with a mapping table but as the other posters have indicated you won't be able to do that with the data manager.  You will have to use the data load editor.

pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator
Author

Okay I have tried to modify the script in the load editor. I have added the script shown below, but i get the following error: Field 'new_customer_name' not found

LIB CONNECT TO 'RTDW';

LOAD ID,

"SHIPMENT_NUMBER",

"CUSTOMER_CODE",

"CUSTOMER_NAME" AS CUSTOMER_LINKED,

if ("new_customer_name" = 0, CUSTOMER_LINKED, "new_customer_name") AS CUSTOMERS,

"LOAD_INDEX",

"L_LOCATION_CODE",

"L_BEGIN_DATE",

"LAST_RECORD";

SQL SELECT ID,

"SHIPMENT_NUMBER",

"CUSTOMER_CODE",

"CUSTOMER_NAME",

"LOAD_INDEX",

"L_LOCATION_CODE",

"L_BEGIN_DATE",

"LAST_RECORD"

FROM DWHADMIN."RTDW_SHIPMENTS" WHERE LAST_RECORD = 'Y';

LOAD

"old_customer_name" AS CUSTOMER_LINKED,

"new_customer_name"

FROM [lib://Data_Qlik/Customer names combined.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

It is maybe because you don't have new_customer_name field on your "RTDW_SHIPMENTS" table

pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes that's the reason for the error. But is there a way to solve this?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Here, I see two tables.

1. "RTDW_SHIPMENTS"

2. Customer names combined.xlsx

do you want to link these two table by the field Customer_name ?

If yes, why ? to be able to see the new_customer_name informations ?