cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plexpro52
Creator
Creator

Comments on <Load more> ?

I have found the introduction of limited loading of rows to be a rather large hindrance at times (especially when reviewing large numbers of rows), and thus very annoying.  An aggravator, in fact, perhaps the sole reason that this be for me a major issue, is that it is a moving window that does not keep loaded what has already been retrieved.

Down with <Load more>!  Especially, down with <Load previous> !

These are the options that I see available going forward:

1. Keep the current moving window with no change.

2. Keep the current moving window, but allow size of window to be specified.

3. Eliminate any restriction on loading of data; i.e., revert to the way Qlik Sense behaved prior to 3.0.

4. Eliminate the moving window, and go with an expanding window.  I.e., keep <Load more> for additional data, and eliminate <Load previous> (keeping already-loaded data).  Optionally allow specification of increment size.

5. Make data loading behavior an option that can be set at multiple levels:  1) server, 2) app, 3) visualization.  Setting a value at a more specific context overrides general setting.  Options would be:  1) no restriction, 2) moving window with number of rows specified, 3) expanding window with increment quantity of additional rows specified.

I presented the options on a continuum of desirability, from what I feel to be the least desirable ("1") to the most desirable ("5").

Please comment on these options and on your experience (especially if you have some trick that might give some relief!).

10 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The fix for this is eventually on it's way, and is live in Qlik Cloud. Details in this blog post:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/sense-touchscreen-mode-coming-soon/

Crazy it has taken so long, since the toggle between touch and mouse mode has been there in QlikView for ages.

Steve