Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
genericdriv
New Contributor III

Comparing with a constant value

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how many users have been active in a certain period of time. I can use this to find out the amount of days since their last login:

ceil(Interval(Today()-date([users.last_login], 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'D'), 1)

But comparing it to a constant (in this case 30, for 30 days) does not yield any results:

count({< {30} = {'>=$(=ceil(Interval(Today()-date([users.last_login], 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'D'), 1))'}>} DISTINCT users.id)

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Comparing with a constant value

Try this

Count({< users.id = {"=Ceil(Today() - [users.last_login], 1) <= 30"}>} DISTINCT users.id)

4 Replies

Try this

Count({< users.id = {"=Ceil(Today() - [users.last_login], 1) <= 30"}>} DISTINCT users.id)

genericdriv
New Contributor III

Hi Sunny,

thanks for your answer, it worked.

Could you just explain to me what the statement " users.id  = ..." does?
When and how do you have to use such terms?

Regards

user.id =  is a boolean search where the expression only show rows where the expression results as TRUE. To see which rows are included create a straight table and add user.id as dimension and add =Ceil(Today() - [users.last_login], 1) <= 30 as expression.... next, make sure that you have unchecked 'Suppress Zero Values' on the presentation tab and you will see bunch of -1s and 0s against user.id.... All those places where you see -1 are the rows that are included in your expression.... 0 rows are excluded.

Does that make sense?

genericdriv
New Contributor III

It does, thanks for the explanation and the help in general!