Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarongroth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Conditional Formatting in New Multi-KPI Visualization

I have using Qlik Sense for the last two years and was excited to see the addition of the Multi-KPI visualization.  I used the Qlik Branch version up until this point, but it didn't seem to play well with large data sets.  However, when I started to play with the new visualization, I was a bit perplexed by the fact that the label and value color settings are limited to a color picker instead of an expression input.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to conditionally format the color of a label or value based on an expression in the new Multi-KPI visualization?  Any insight into if Qlik will expose the label and value color in a Multi-KPI measure to the expression editor?

Thanks and Best Regards.

9 Replies
s_achraphe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello

As I have the same issue  i "up" the topic

LisaDrummond
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same issue here, would like to use this instead of a 3rd party extension but I need conditional formatting to display my desired kpi. 

s_achraphe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nobody is able to answer

And I didn't find a solution as well

tommyl
Creator
Creator

Hello,

As far as i know there is no conditional formatting (like coloring values based on measures) option in Multi KPI extension if you are using only one measure. In case, you may use Simple KPI extension. You can vary -say- colors according to the measure - dimension value. 

Regards,

Handel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

At least in September 2019 version and forward you can add the measures as master items and set segment coloring there. Then switch "Conditional value color" on from measure option in the Data section of the object.

- Handel

LisaDrummond
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you, I'll have to check this out as currently I am just using Simple KPI instead - could not find another way to accomplish what I wanted.

tommyl
Creator
Creator

Hello,

I dont know your data but for multi kpi, try to change below css according to your data:

& .label {
font-family: 'Fredoka One';
font-size: 300%;
font-color:none;
border: none;
}

& .statistic-1 .value {
background-color: lightgreen;
font-family: 'Indie Flower', sans-serif;
color: red!important;
border: none;
}

& .value {
background-color: lightblue;
font-family: 'Indie Flower', sans-serif;
color: lightblue!important;
}

&.ng.binding{
color: #005EB8
}

css is under Appearance>Styles. As you created your data just copy above to your css field and modify accordingly.

What i sent is 2 valued multi KPI object's css among my projects. 

Regards,

patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II

@tommyl 

thanks for your tip, it works great...nevertheless, I'm trying to do as many users...apply your css type based on a condition.

Do you have an idea if this is feasible ?

if a measure > x% then apply this css style, if not, apply another css style ?

thanks

tommyl
Creator
Creator

Hello,

As far as i know, there is no conditionals in css. That extension only has css part and as far as i know, you cannot enter html or angular code over there. So, my answer is, as far as i know, no. I may be wrong-i wish. But if it is required i suggest to create extension or search for other extension options. 

Regards,