Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional colour formatting with Simple KPI Extension

Hey all.

So I have two Simple KPI "charts" in a visualisation.

One has Sum(Ref_React_Actuals_Measure), the other Sum(Ref_React_Target_Measure)

So far, so good - they both work fine, showing the right numbers.

However, what I want to do is have conditional colour formatting so if the Actuals is greater than the Target, the number is green, and red if it is below Target.

So I have this:

=IF (Sum(Ref_React_Actuals_Measure)

>

(Sum(Ref_React_Target_Measure)) , rgb(255, 128, 128), rgb(102, 204, 0))

But it doesn't work - it's red no matter if it's greater or below, or if I change the > to <.

What's wrong with it please? I'm using Qlik Sense Server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Worked it out. The Conditional colour formatting doesn't work the same was it does with tables etc.

For the Simple KPI extension, it looks for just a value for it be greater or less than.

So, setting the expression as simply (Sum(Ref_React_Target_Measure)) is the way to go - if the Actuals_Measure is below that value, it's red, and above, it's green.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Worked it out. The Conditional colour formatting doesn't work the same was it does with tables etc.

For the Simple KPI extension, it looks for just a value for it be greater or less than.

So, setting the expression as simply (Sum(Ref_React_Target_Measure)) is the way to go - if the Actuals_Measure is below that value, it's red, and above, it's green.

jtvlanck
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

So there is no work around methode?

If we use the simple KPI extension there can only be one colour for the value colour?

sammyak
Contributor II
Contributor II

how do you assign colors to this? setting the expression is the limit. can you please explain in detail?

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

Could you explain it once more, please? You are not using a if-condition? How to give the parameter, like when its above green, otherwise red...?
rxf67787
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

So could you further explain or clarify how you did this?

amitvermancl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hey,

Without the IF condition how can we compare the target and actual values.

I am also facing the issue with simple kpi extension, that unable to apply conditional formatting for a column