Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcollmed
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Conditional decimals formatting by user

Hello everyone,

I have a Dashboard in which users from different countries will access. These users want to see the decimal formatting differently. Ones with a comma as decimal and others with a dot.

For the thousands, the opposite.

Is it possible to do it? I already have a section access document.

I have been playing around with the osuser function, but I do not find a proper solution.

Thank you in advance.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe have a button to set a variable that defines the number format either comma or dot and then explicitly use that variable definition with the num() function in your viz expressions.  Then users can manually select whichever format they wish.

I think there are suitable button extensions on Qlik Branch

marcus_sommer

dcollmed
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your answer.

However, I would like to avoid making this change on each measure, as in the whole application there are like 200 of them. I was thinking about changing anything on the initial script editor, where the following properties are set:

SET MoneyThousandSep=',';

SET MoneyDecimalSep='.';

But something with OSUser() or section access file?

Thanks in advance

dcollmed
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help.

But it seems it would require changing all metrics using that variable...

I was looking into something I could only set once and would work for all the Dashboard, since I use around 200 measures.

Thanks again!

marcus_sommer

I think there is no easier way. Normally should such a requirement considered before an application is developed because afterwards are changes sometimes quite painful ...

Having said this - you could go into the expression-overview and change all (or at least most) of your measures there, even with a search- and replace-feature but this will need some efforts, too and by using of the replace-feature you need to be very careful not to change anything unwanted ...

ps. A backup would be quite comforting.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an expression overview in Qlik Sense similar to QlikView ?

marcus_sommer

No, I don't think it is yet - I haven't noted that this was posted in a Sense forum.

- Marcus