Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create new odbc connection fails

Hello,

I have a issue in creating odbc connection through qlik sense. Actually i have successfully created an odbc connection through qlik sense and i deleted it. When i want to create a new odbc connection i obtain the following message 'You do not have access to data source'.

Can you plz help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and regards.

5 Replies
jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Are you creating the connection with your ID or with a service account?

Does the account you're using have access?  Can you get to the source outside of Qlik?

We had issues initially creating connections.  The DBAs gave our service account access but not the individual analysts.  We had to log into Qlik as the service account to create some of the connections.  Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Justin,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I created the odbc connection in qlik  sense with the user using qlik sense license, this user is also an windows use who belong to Administrator Group.

I have tested the ODBC connection through the odbc connection tool in windows and the connection test is successfull.

As i wrote in my first post the connection was created successfully for the first time before i deleted it.

Plz advice me.

Thanks

jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Maybe something in this thread can help you...

ODBC Connection - You do not have access to the data source

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Finally i found the root of the issue.

Actually the password of database user whom use connection odbc connection contain @ so i modify the password and it worked.

Regards

jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Glad to hear you got this solved.  That was a weird one.