cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III

CreateSearchIndexOnReload issue after upgrade to November 2018

I recently upgraded from Qlik Sense September 2018 to November 2018 SR2. In all of my apps, I use some global scripts to set default variables. One of those is CreateSearchIndexOnReload. On my QVD generators, I had it set to 0 and on my presentation apps, set to 1. The global scripts are called using an Include statement at the beginning of the load script.

All apps exited the script after hitting this variable, regardless of the setting. So no data was being loaded. I commented out this line in the global scripts and all apps loaded fine. I would prefer to create the search index on load for my presentation apps so that my users will have a faster experience when using the global search option. Has this feature been depreciated? Has anyone else run into this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So there is now an option in the QMC in the Advanced section of your Engine settings where you can check whether or not you want to create a search index during reload. Support suggested turning that off to see if that is what is affecting the calling of the variable in my global script. For now I am going to leave it checked in the QMC and leave it commented out in my global script. It won't run on my QVD loaders because they all drop data, so I should be OK as is. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I haven't run into this yet since we've not upgraded to Nov2018 yet. But the qvd generators I use always drop all tables end the end of the script and so no indexes will be created as there's no data anymore in the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, mine do as well. The issue was that the load wouldn't even happen because the script would stop running when it go to the line below.

SET CreateSearchIndexOnReload=0;

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are some known bugs in the Nov2018 release where scripts exit prematurely when an include is used.  Contact QT support to find out if this matches your issue and if there is a workaround for your case. 

-Rob

chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For now I've commented the line out of my global scripts and apps are refreshing properly. I usually come here as I've had better luck with Community, but did open a ticket up with support.

chrishayes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So there is now an option in the QMC in the Advanced section of your Engine settings where you can check whether or not you want to create a search index during reload. Support suggested turning that off to see if that is what is affecting the calling of the variable in my global script. For now I am going to leave it checked in the QMC and leave it commented out in my global script. It won't run on my QVD loaders because they all drop data, so I should be OK as is. Thanks to everyone who contributed.