Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Creating 2 buttons for top 10 and bottom 10 values

I have downloaded the qsVariable extension and have my buttons created for 'Top 10' and 'Bottom 10'. I also have a variable named 'vTopBot' with the value 2 in it so that it is linking to the 2 buttons (1 for Top 10 and 2 for Bottom 10). 

In order to get my top 10 and bottom 10 my syntax is as follows:

top 10:

SUM({<$vTopBot= {"=1, (SUM(invoiceTotal),)<=10"}>}invoiceTotal)

bottom 10:

SUM({<$vTopBot= {"=1, (-SUM(invoiceTotal),)<=10"}>}invoiceTotal)

I am positive syntax is off because I am unable to display any data. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, top10 can be:
Sum({<DimensionField={"=Rank(Sum(invoiceTotal))<=10"}>} invoiceTotal)

and bottom10:
Sum({<DimensionField={"=Rank(-Sum(invoiceTotal))<=10"}>} invoiceTotal)
// just aded the '-' inSum(invoiceTotal)

To work with buttons you can create a Top10 buton with the value '+' and a bottom 10 button with value '-', and use the variable value in expression like this:
Sum({<DimensionField={"=Rank($(variableName)Sum(invoiceTotal))<=10"}>} invoiceTotal)
// $(variableName) will be converted to '+' for top 10 and to '-' for bottom 10
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you. My issue is when using the extension for the variable set up I am only prompted with picking only one variable. It seems that I need to set up 2 variables for the top and bot 10. I have attached a png. Capture.PNG

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I completely understand your syntax. Thanks for that. The issue I am seeing is when I have my extension it only takes in one variable. Is there a way to dynamically let my variable 'vTopBot' know its top 10 and bot 10? Or am I forced to create 2 separate variables and buttons to accommodate this?