Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

hugmarcel
Contributor III

Cryptic table names after doing a binary load in Script

Hi

we are using the latest QSense version. After performing binary loads of qvw files in Sense-Script with binary-statement, the tables are displayed with cryptic names in data model and in table selection boxes. E.g. we have names such as

????????????????

???%*??????%&

etc. Siehe JPG attached as well.

Any idea? The table fields are displayed correctly.

Thx a lot - Marcel

3 Replies
adp
New Contributor

Re: Cryptic table names after doing a binary load in Script

Hi Marcel,

I have run into this issue as well. I tried to isolate the issue and it seems that this occurs when autogenerate is used (such as when creating a master calendar). Any table created after the autogenerate statement will have a corrupted table name, although the data appears intact. Attached is a document from my testing which shows the behavior. I was able to avoid this by moving the calendar generation into the Qlik Sense script.

hugmarcel
Contributor III

Re: Cryptic table names after doing a binary load in Script

Hi Adam

thanks a lot for this hint! We have opened a support case at Qlik for this.

We have quite some tables which are generated with autogenerate statement, and do not like to change all of them.

So let's wait for a Support statement.

Regards - Marcel

adp
New Contributor

Re: Cryptic table names after doing a binary load in Script

Marcel,

Glad to hear my hint was helpful! I would be very interested to know if you make any progress with this issue, or what Qlik support says of it.