Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chientan
Contributor
Contributor

Cumulative Total - displaying only the last 12 months.

Hi all,

I'm trying to calculate a cumulative total, which counts the total number of courses created since the "beginning", but want to only display the last 12 months on a bar graph.

Noting however, I don't want a running 12 month total, but the accumulative total since the first course was created.

I have tried:

=rangesum(above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date]=,

[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month]=,[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year]=,[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(=addMonths(max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date]),-12))

<= $(=addmonths(max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date])))"}>}[Name]),0,RowNo()))

While this displays the last 12 months, which is what i want,  it only shows the accumulative total of the last 12 months as well; as opposed to the total overall courses created up until that time.

i.e. August-2017 starts from a 0 base, as opposed to a base of 4352.

Please find the data attached.

Many thanks!

C

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Did you try to uncheck 'Include Zero Values' under Add-ons-> Data Handling to remove month with 0 value...

you want to use Month as a dimension instead of YearMonth? Try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>} [Name]), 0, RowNo())), ([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth], (NUMERIC)))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

=RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>} [Name]), 0, RowNo()))

Avg({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth] = {">=$(=AddMonths(Max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date]), -12))

<=$(=AddMonths(Max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date])))"}>} 1)

chientan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey Sunny!

Thank you for this!

The data comes through fine for the Y Axis, but on the dimension's/x axis, its showing all the historical months.

I.e. the Y-Axis is still showing months (with 0 value) from 2015, and then only begins properly populating the data from

Screenshot.png

I'm using [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth] as my dimension, and if i change it to [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month] the values aren't right.

FYI - i'm sorting by max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth] )

Thanks again Sunny, really great help!

Chien

sunny_talwar

Did you try to uncheck 'Include Zero Values' under Add-ons-> Data Handling to remove month with 0 value...

you want to use Month as a dimension instead of YearMonth? Try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>} [Name]), 0, RowNo())), ([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth], (NUMERIC)))

chientan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for this Sunny!

Just out of curiosity, what is Numeric?