Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
chientan
New Contributor

Cumulative Total - displaying only the last 12 months.

Hi all,

I'm trying to calculate a cumulative total, which counts the total number of courses created since the "beginning", but want to only display the last 12 months on a bar graph.

Noting however, I don't want a running 12 month total, but the accumulative total since the first course was created.

I have tried:

=rangesum(above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date]=,

[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month]=,[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year]=,[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(=addMonths(max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date]),-12))

<= $(=addmonths(max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date])))"}>}[Name]),0,RowNo()))

While this displays the last 12 months, which is what i want,  it only shows the accumulative total of the last 12 months as well; as opposed to the total overall courses created up until that time.

i.e. August-2017 starts from a 0 base, as opposed to a base of 4352.

Please find the data attached.

Many thanks!

C

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cumulative Total - displaying only the last 12 months.

Did you try to uncheck 'Include Zero Values' under Add-ons-> Data Handling to remove month with 0 value...

you want to use Month as a dimension instead of YearMonth? Try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>} [Name]), 0, RowNo())), ([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth], (NUMERIC)))

5 Replies

Try this

=RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>} [Name]), 0, RowNo()))

Avg({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth] = {">=$(=AddMonths(Max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date]), -12))

<=$(=AddMonths(Max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date])))"}>} 1)

chientan
New Contributor

Hey Sunny!

Thank you for this!

The data comes through fine for the Y Axis, but on the dimension's/x axis, its showing all the historical months.

I.e. the Y-Axis is still showing months (with 0 value) from 2015, and then only begins properly populating the data from

Screenshot.png

I'm using [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth] as my dimension, and if i change it to [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month] the values aren't right.

FYI - i'm sorting by max([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth] )

Thanks again Sunny, really great help!

Chien

Highlighted

Did you try to uncheck 'Include Zero Values' under Add-ons-> Data Handling to remove month with 0 value...

you want to use Month as a dimension instead of YearMonth? Try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<[CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Date], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Month], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.Year], [CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>} [Name]), 0, RowNo())), ([CreatedDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth], (NUMERIC)))

chientan
New Contributor

Thanks for this Sunny!

Just out of curiosity, what is Numeric?