Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Custom Colors Using Color Expressions

Hi I have a combo bar chart setup which has week as dimension and 3 measures: sales last year, sales this year and target.

How do i use color expression in 'colors and legend' section  ' colors' 'custom by expression' field: i want sales last year bar to be #585858 and sales this year to be '#df7254' and target to be '#8fbfc0'.

what's the expression i should enter to get these colours?

Thanks

7 Replies

Re: Color Expression in Combi Charts

#585858 is the same as RGB(88,88,88)

Did you try to use Background Color of Expression?

Click the '+' sign next to expression to see more options and use RGB(88,88,88) in Definition field.

Not applicable

hi robert,

no, i don't see this option anywhere. i need to create an expression like sales ly = #585858, sales this year #df7254, target #8fbfc0

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

Can anybody help with this please. All i want to is enter an expression into the color expression box so i can choose what colors these bars will be myself.

Capture.PNG

mov
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Custom Colors Using Color Expressions

Enter:

rgb(0,0,255)

or whatever color you want.  This one is blue.

Not applicable

‌yes but what expression do I use to get different colours for each of the bars. I don't want them all to be blue. I want one of them to be green, one of them to be purple and one of them to be black.

mov
Esteemed Contributor III

If you have only one measure,there will be conditional color expression:

if(condition1, color1, (if (condition2, color2, color3))

If you have multiple separate measures, don't use color "by expression", use "multicolored" instead.

Not applicable

‌i have different measures So what expression should I use to give each one a different colour. Multicoloured won't let me choose the colourS myself.

Community Browser