Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom KML - Display Area Label

Dear All,

Greetings!

I am new to using  custom KML in Qlik Sense Map reports. I use Qlik Sense June 2017 version. I am trying to build a visualization where I try show the seat layout from a theatre or bus in a Qlik Sense Area map. I have seats in 8 columns (A,B,C,D,E,F.G,H) and 30 rows and in my sample data I have added the Occupancy % and Revenue genrated from those seats.

I was able to build a KML file and ingest few seat location details there and I am able to view the Occupancy and Revenue generated from those seating locations.

However my map doesnot display the label for the seat (A1, B1, A2  etc). The map displays the seat number only when i hover over it. Can you please let me know how the labels for the seats can be displayed into the seat location (inside the square )

I have attached the QVF and the KML file for your reference.

Please let me know if you need more details.Seat Arrangement.jpg

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adina,

I used the attached JS to generate the KML. But it is not perfect and introduces spaces in '< ' and you will need to manually replace '< ' with '<' (without space) in a text editor. Hope it helps.

BR

Aushik