Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom polygon maps - aggregations not working as expected

Hi Qlik community,

I am working with QlikMaps. When using a regular map made from a KML file (e.g. state, zip etc.), I can make each area (e.g. state or zip) display a number associated with that area (e.g. sales within that zip/state).

However, when I create a map with custom territories from a qvd file, they would display an aggregate number for the territories selected, instead of individual numbers associated with that one territory.

E.g. I have a popup with my territory sales totals. If my "Denver-Minneapolis" and "Houston-Dallas" territories are selected, then clicking anywhere will display a sum total for these two, rather than displaying Denver-Minn numbers when clicking on it and Houston-Dallas numbers when clicking on that one.

Is it possible to create a custom polygon map so that each polygon would display a number associated with it?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Update: resolved.

I was not using expressions correctly, see the following video:

QlikMaps and the Sense Expression Editor - YouTube

trey_bayne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting the video response. I worked hard on those and it's nice to know they are being used.