I have a several month old custom theme deployed on several apps. It worked just fine so far.
However, it hasn't been working since yesterday on a specific published app :
- Nobody has touched this app
- The custom theme keeps working on the other apps
- Publishing (replacing the current app) a new app on this one doesn't change the theme
- A duplicated app from this one to "my work" has the right theme working
- Publishing this duplicated app as a brand new one (not replacing) works fine but the app not working is linked to many tasks and a lot of links use its ID ... I would prefer not to do that as a fix.
Has anyone ever had and solved this issue ?
I believe this is similar to another bug identified as QLIK-96200 and should be part of the September 2019 release.
What's happened in this bug is that the app got two values set for the theme and thus not reading the correct value. From September we will remove the duplicate and you should have only one value to set and use.
Thanks for the update, Patrik - that's good news. Any idea why this is affecting some apps and not others or a way to tell ahead of time which are going to be affected?
We believe it has to do with the user opening/working with the app. What happened was that the user had two sessions to the app and thus two different values could be stored for that property. This could happen by double tapping the app in the hub and then having two copies open.
For almost everything we you can do building an app this isn't an issue since what you do in one version of the app is mirrored to the other. But for this property this didn't happen.
In the September release we have fixed so that the property is reflected across all open apps. We will also merge any duplicates of the property to only one.