Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

DATE function causing QVF to crash

Good Morning,

I was designing a flat table object into a QlikSense Desktop app's sheet (v. 2.0.2) and trying to use "DATE(<a date valued field>,'WWWW')" as a dimension column to retrieve the name of the day.

Now my QVF crashes everytime I click on the sheet the table is included in, both in show and design mode.

Is there a way to edit the sheet, removing that table object (causing app crashing), without having data loaded (refreshing) on sheet selection ?

Or, eventually, a way to retrieve all the scripting code included in other objects embedded in that sheet (that I don't want to get lost) ?

Thanks.

Paolo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Solution found: I truncated the table in the database. In this way, with zero record returned by the query in the script, the flat table hasn't reloaded and I successfully removed the column with the abovementioned function.

Thanks Marcus for suggestions.

Paolo.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Similar things happens with qlikview too. I suggest to avoid such calculated dimensions and using native fields created within a master-calendar: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values.

- Marcus

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus, fine on problem cause (I've tried on another, new, app and it seems strictly related to "WWWW" format output), but now I need a solution for the problem...

Trying to understand why such a bugged function keeps to be available...

Paolo.

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Solution found: I truncated the table in the database. In this way, with zero record returned by the query in the script, the flat table hasn't reloaded and I successfully removed the column with the abovementioned function.

Thanks Marcus for suggestions.

Paolo.