Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Damaged/Corrupted Qlik Sense Application

Hello,

This morning for an unknown reason, my main application on my Qlik Sense server is unavailable.  The error message says that the file is corrupted/damaged.

I tried to export the application or to duplicate it without success.  In the QMC I received a "Internal error, check the log file" error.  I didn't find much in the logs :

• log/repository/managementConsoleLogFile :

"GenericServerError: Internal error [LOCERR_INTERNAL_ERROR]:Internal error()"

• log/engine/system_enginLogFile :

"DOC loading: Exception while loading document B9644CFA-2357-4475-9494-695A3FD6CAFF, possibly corrupt file"

I don't know why this is happening and how to retrieve some data from this application, at least the data model load script ! I tried to duplicate the application, export it, copy/paste it manually and import it into Qlik Sense Desktop, reload the data via QMC but nothing works.  Everytime I have a "Error, check the log please" message.

Thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I had this error on Qlik Sense Desktop when i ran out of free disk space.

Not applicable
Author

I checked and it is not that... I don't understand how this application was damaged..

Not applicable
Author

Can you try to reload with a backup of the source data ?

Not applicable
Author

Is there an automatic backup of the source data ? I didn't make any backup of my application and I don't know how to recover at least the data model script..

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I thought you could reload the script via QMC (I misread)

When my application has been damaged , I had to do it again from scratch (i tried to load the QVF file in notepad++ but only see fragments of SQL SELECT).

I deduced that using the include statement and/or often save application file could be some good practices.

As a user of Qlik Sense Server, perhaps you have access at the Qlik Support ?

Courage !

Not applicable
Author

I also experienced this problem. And it's frustrating when it happens. I am developing on a server with little resources and I think that's the problem. The log file doesn't help much.

Luckely I used $(Include =filename) to load my application from a text file.

After this happens I have manually backuped all my apps and always duplicate published apps.

Really hope version control and/or an easy way to backup all your applications will be added in the next release.