Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

william_walsh2
New Contributor II

Data Load Editor Invalid Expression

Hi,

I am trying to use this expression in the data load editor to create a new table but I keep getting the invalid expression error.

If((1-(Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Spend))/Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Forecast)))) > .20, 'Red',

If((1-(Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Spend))/Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Forecast)))) > - .20, 'Green')) as RAG

What would need to be changed to make this able to work.

Regards,

William

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
william_walsh2
New Contributor II

Re: Data Load Editor Invalid Expression

I solved the issue by removing the sum from the expression.

Thanks.

4 Replies
nehasaxena
Contributor II

Hi William,

Please share the complete load script for this expression. If you are using any aggregation function in script like Sum you need to do group by for all the fields that you are loading from the table.

BR,

Neha

MVP
MVP

Remove the space between the - and the .20

If(1 - Sum(If(month = currentmonth, Spend)) / Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Forecast)) > .20, 'Red',

If(1 - Sum(If(month = currentmonth, Spend)) / Sum(If(month = currentmonth, Forecast)) > -.20, 'Green')) as RAG

^^^

What error message you getting?

Try to write this way

If((1 - (Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Spend)) / Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Forecast)))) > 0.20, 'Red',

If((1 - (Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Spend)) / Sum(If(month= currentmonth, Forecast)))) > - 0.20, 'Green')) as RAG

william_walsh2
New Contributor II

I solved the issue by removing the sum from the expression.

Thanks.