Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Data entry in Qlik Sense writing to database

Hello,

Our customer ask us to be able to do data entry ex. for budgeting inside a Qlik Sense app.

I looked at the branch but I did not find any extensions regarding this topic.

I'd like to prototyping a simple HTML table with two columns (ex. last year amount sold and current year budget) for all customers.

That is a simple HTML form with an input text for budget entry for each customer.

After the form is submitted the data should be written on database table (ex. MySql or others).

Could someone guide me to the right direction to achieve it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Andrea

25 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I took a quick look to that product but we are looking for a qlik sense extension to do the same.

We'd not like to install a separate windows program to manage data-entry but rather the end user would still working inside the qlik sense app.

Thanks for your suggestion.

BR

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is an addon for Qlik Sense. That means for the user Qlik Sense and the addon are one environment, one login, one portal, using same security system etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrea , is it possible to post your Qlik sense data entry extension as an example?

Thanks!

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

take a look at GitHub - newrochelle/Writeback-QS: extension to manage data from/to database table there you'll find both client and server side script.

eri
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi , can you please explain the process above you mentioned?
How you will call PHP script or python script from HTML form or button ?

daniel_s-cubed
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Andrea,

I hope you have found a solution to your request.

If not, then you should take a look at our native Qlik Sense write-back extension "Komment":

Komment 

It only uses native Qlik functionality and APIs and hence, it can be installed right away without the involvement of IT. All your comments are stored to QVDs so there is no need for external services or databases.

Happy commenting 

All the best

Daniel