Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Data load joins issue

hello Qlik Experts,

I have 2 tables master and post. In master table i have a field called run which contains 4 values. The total record count for the table master is 13365 records. The post table contains the same field called the run which contains 35 values and other field called view. Now i am doing left join of post table to master table to pull the view values for the runs matching the values from the master table. The post table contains 1108729 records. I want to merge the post table into numerator. My join is not working properly its taking lot of time to fetch the records. Can someone help me with this issue. I want 2 tables as a single table.

Thanks,

Anil

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you post some sample records and what you expect as resulting table?

rubenmarin

Hi Anil, maybe it's duplicating more records than the wanted, this can be caused if the join needs more fields to do relation and avoid unwanted relations.

If master table only has 4 values in 13365 means that those valued are repeated in many rows, so maybe it's trying to create around 4,25k (13k records/4 values) records for each record of the 1108729 records of the post table.

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ruben,

sorry i didn't mentioned the total fields in the master table. It has 19 fields and the post table has 5 fields. I am doing left join for post table to master table. i am not sure how the joining is working but its taking lot of time.