Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Default Number Formatting in Chart Measures

Hi all,
I've been asked from a customer if it is possible to change the default options for the Number Formatting in any chart's Measures: e.g. when adding a Measure it defaults to Auto and then when switching to Number it defaults to '1.000,12'.

Would it be possible to change this to '1.000' ?

number_formatting.png

Labels (5)
4 Replies
ashok_rajm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, 

yes you can change it, there are two options:

Directly using number function in your measure Num() 

or

Use the custom formatting in the number format drop-down and change the format pattern.

Capture2.PNG

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ashok,
that is not applicable, I'd need to replace the default values that appear in the default dropdown to make sure that every time that a measure is added and set as Numeric format, then the first option available is '1.000'.

The customer knows about the Num(...)  in the Measure formula but that wouldn't be the best option for non-technical end users in case of custom made formulas.

ashok_rajm
Contributor III
Contributor III

I Don't think so you can achieve that, because even in System variables we don't have option to change the number format.
Ref: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/List-of-system-variables/td-p/465993
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Too bad, this applies to QlikView though and not Qlik Sense.