Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New-Qlik
Creator II
Creator II

Default Seelction in Table Chart

Hi,

I have a table showing data for five fiscal year.

I want to put condition that by default it should show current fiscal year but user can select any other year from filter panel and than table with reflect that selected year data.

Thanks

Avneet

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I had this issue as well and the only way to do so is using book mark or this new feature I found recently. 

If you go to your left hand side, under "Fields", search for the field you want to have a default selection. Now when you click over that field, select the first icon (field settings) and select "Always select on value". The only issue is users will not be able to select multiple values but this will give you a default value pre-defined. I have tried using variables and etc but not much luck besides using the bookmark methodology and this one I have mentioned. I'd assume Qlik will have a capability like this in their next release as it is usually a basic capability in most business intelligence suites.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

You can create a bookmark with the selection and set as default bookmark that will apply when the user opens the sheet.

Check the help for more details

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Bookmarks/set-defaul...

New-Qlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Skamath for replying.
I cannot do bookmark as it will applicable on all the charts.
I have to put this default selection condition just on one chart
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I had this issue as well and the only way to do so is using book mark or this new feature I found recently. 

If you go to your left hand side, under "Fields", search for the field you want to have a default selection. Now when you click over that field, select the first icon (field settings) and select "Always select on value". The only issue is users will not be able to select multiple values but this will give you a default value pre-defined. I have tried using variables and etc but not much luck besides using the bookmark methodology and this one I have mentioned. I'd assume Qlik will have a capability like this in their next release as it is usually a basic capability in most business intelligence suites.

New-Qlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Dreweezy for replying. Unfortunately I cant see "Always select on value pre defined" is not coming in my version . I have asked support team ,they are in process for QS upgradation.

Anyways Thanks for reply.