Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
sdealtrey
New Contributor

Difference in summed values

Hi, I am trying to do some calculations of some GL codes, but I am getting different values depending on how I write the function.

The two ways I was writing the function are as follows -

sum({<GL_NBR={'*90115-*','*90210-*','*90220-*','*90225-*','*90230-*'}>} "GL_BAL_01" + "GL_BAL_02")

versus

sum({<GL_NBR={'*90115-*','*90210-*','*90220-*','*90225-*','*90230-*'}>} "GL_BAL_01")

+

sum({<GL_NBR={'*90115-*','*90210-*','*90220-*','*90225-*','*90230-*'}>} "GL_BAL_02")

The latter provides the correct value and there is a distinct difference in the returned value. Is this something to do with my data set? I would assume there would be no difference between the two calculations?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh
Honored Contributor III

Re: Difference in summed values

I think the first one will discard complete rows where one of GL_BAl_01 or Bal_02 is not having value

but 2nd one will consider those rows and add in Bal_01 or _02 whichever is present in such rows.

Check this sample, I could see the difference in values when used your expressions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Digvijay_Singh
Honored Contributor III

Re: Difference in summed values

I think the first one will discard complete rows where one of GL_BAl_01 or Bal_02 is not having value

but 2nd one will consider those rows and add in Bal_01 or _02 whichever is present in such rows.

Check this sample, I could see the difference in values when used your expressions.

View solution in original post