Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AimHigh2020
Contributor
Contributor

Different Behaviors of AGGR - Migration from QlikView to Qlik Sense

In QlikVIew, the below expression works.

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={'<2020 >2016'}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)

In Qlik Sense, the same expression above does not work.  The below expression works only without symbols "< >"

What should I do making the expression work?  As soon as the symbols were added, the expression stopped working even though there was no error in the expressions.

Here are the expressions I had tried.

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={2020, 2016}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (WORKING) Only when the symbols were not used.

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={<2020, >2016}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={'<2020', '>2016'}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={'<'2020, '>'2016}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={'<2020,>2016'}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={'<2020,>2016'}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={'<2020'}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)   (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={<<2020}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)  (NOT WORKING) - Tried double but failed.

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY =<{2020}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY) (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY =<<{2020}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY) (NOT WORKING)

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={"<"2020}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY) (NOT WORKING)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={"<2020 >2016"}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)

Double quotes, not single, should do the trick.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

=aggr(only({1<BUDGET_FY ={"<2020 >2016"}>} BUDGET_FY),BUDGET_FY)

Double quotes, not single, should do the trick.

AimHigh2020
Contributor
Contributor
Author

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! IT IS WORKING.  

You made my day and have a great day!

Or
MVP
MVP

Sure thing. If you're interested in the "why" of it, check this - it's the behavior in newer versions of Qlik View as well, I believe, so you're probably using an older version.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000037672

AimHigh2020
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the information.  Strangely I didn't get any expression errors in the status bar.  That's why it was hard for me to debug it.

Or
MVP
MVP

That's because it's not an error - you were searching for the string e.g. '>2016 <2020', which is allowed, just not in your data.