Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension goes Null when I Click a Filter

Hello Qlikers! (Is that a thing?)

I'm attempting to make a table comparison between 2 sets of data (lets say Set I and set II).  Both tables use the same dimension. One table has 2 measure fields based only on Set I data, then 3 calculated measures based on a combination of figures from both sets.  The second table has 2 measure fields taken only from Set II data, and one calculated measure, also based only on Set II data.

I would like to apply a filter, coming from a field from Set I (but not displayed on the table), but when I do so, any measure dependent on Set II data goes completely null, as well as the dimension in the second table.  For Example: (where ### refers to some number %%% to a percentage, and Null is...well...self explanatory)

Pre Filter:

DimensionMeasure 1Measure 2Measure 3Measure 4Measure 5

A

############%%%
B############%%%
C############%%%
D############%%%
E############%%%

DimensionMeasure ABCMeasure DEFMeasure XYZ
A######%%%
B######%%%
C######%%%
D######%%%
E######%%%

After Filter Results:

DimensionMeasure 1Measure 2Measure 3Measure 4Measure 5
B###NullNull###Null
C###NullNull###Null
E###NullNull###Null

Null00Null

Ideally, I would like the second table to look as follows after the filter is applied:

B######%%%
C######%%%
E######%%%

Where these values would be used in the calculations for Measures 2, 3, and 5 of The first table to fill in the Nulls.  I unfortunately have not found a solution yet myself, hence my presence here.

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Post a small qlik sense app that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand