Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

sarah_lamb
New Contributor III

Disable editing of published apps

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to disable the ability to edit published sheets within apps?  Previously when I selected the Edit button at the top right corner for a published sheet it said I had to create a duplicate to be able to edit.  However now when I click Edit then it straight away lets me edit published sheets.

I believe only those with Root Admin are able to edit a published sheet but I'd like to remove that so that no one is able to edit a published sheet.

One other side effect is that I can now see all unpublished apps (regardless of Owner) within my personal work space on the hub.

I think this might be due to a security rule that may have been changed within the Qlik Management Console but I don't know where to begin.

Can anyone tell me how I can reverse this change please?

Any and all responses much appreciated, thank you.

1 Reply

Re: Disable editing of published apps

Disable the CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp security rule in the QMC. That will also disable the ability of users to add bookmarks. So you may want to create a new rule that does allow users to do some things like making bookmarks.

I don't know what you did to get all the unpublished apps to show up in your personal workspace.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand