Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Display full range of timestamp dimension in QlikSense

Hi,

I've got what should be a common use case but I'm having trouble finding a way to do it.

I've got cpu data measured every minute over a few months, with the timestamp of the measurement recorded. I want to plot the data against this timestamp as the dimension, limiting to a user-defined range, such as a single day.

The stock QlikSense bar chart plots each individual measurement as a bar, giving a slider to traverse the while range. There doesn't seem to be a simple way to restrict the timestamp range on the x-axis unless I'm missing something. I've narrowed the cpu measures to a single day by using a set expression, which is a bit of a convoluted way to do things. This works, but I still get a slider as the chart plots each individual measurement (attached pic).

How do I then set the range of the x-axis to be the same day (or week, or month) and have the measures correctly binned across this range in a defined number of display bars? Maybe another chart extension is required...?

Many thanks,

Lee

Community Browser