Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

davidpetiot
New Contributor II

Displaying Selected Quarter and Previous Year Quarter in a Graph

Hi

I was wondering how to display values in a Graph bar for the "currently" selected Quarter (i.e. 2016-1) and the same Quarter last year (2015-1)

I have been able to create Expressions to return the values for both periods, in a table object by using the below expressions:

The selection representing the Quarter is based on this field: [Financial Quarter] so current quarter = '2016-1'

The expression: $(=Max(CRank)) represent the last month of the selected quarter, where CRank is a linear key)

The expression: [CRank]={'$(=Max(CRank)-12)','$(=Max(CRank)-13)','$(=Max(CRank)-14)'} returns all the months corresponding to the previous year quarter.

Current Quarter Selection

Sum([Field])

Previous Quarter:

Sum({$<[Financial Quarter]=,[CRank]={'$(=Max(CRank)-12)','$(=Max(CRank)-13)','$(=Max(CRank)-14)'}>}[Field])

Both expressions are working properly in the table object, but i cannot use those in a graph object when i need to display a bar graph where the x-axis represent the [Financial Quarter], because it only returns the current selection '2016-1', when i need to return '2016-1' & '2015-1'

So the question is: how can the dimension selection be ignored so both values are displayed?

Thanks,

David.

Community Browser