Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Does QS have iphone App allow off line chart viewing ?

Hi All

Does any one aware does QS it is able to provide the above feature ?

Reasons is

1. my data does not change very often.

2. most of the time i don;t have fast internet speed in indonesia.

Any way it is just like goggle off line map , in case i does not have 3G data , i still have off line map i still can use.

Hope some one can share with me any work around ? for example can mashup provide me to have off line chart view ?

Paul

9 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

There is not an iphone app and Sense does not run on iOS today.

You can export an app from the QMC and open it in desktop. That is offline (if you have a windows device).

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Also moving a QVF (highly compressed) over the network is a good way of moving lots of data through a narrow connection.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

‌hi sir

thank you very much, you mean QMC will export QVF  into image file it is ?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

‌HI Sir

you mean using mashup ?

PAul

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

No - it exports the app to QVF file format on the disk.. which can be consumed by qlik sense desktop , an offline product that runs on win64 OS

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

‌Hi Sir

now I am confuse . I don't know how to ask further.

PAul

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Paul,

Once exported , its just an other QVF. Thats it. You can use it offline as you do not need an internet connection to view this application. Once downloaded copy the file to C:\Users\sangramr\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps on your desktop and open QlikSense desktop and you will be able to use it.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sangram

Thank you very much.

Does it mean that I can put the file on my smart phone for off line view ?

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Paul,

You cannot do that on a mobile phone. This offline viewing is only for the desktop viewing and is only redistricted to windows. So simply download the file from the QMC and the downloaded file should be copied to C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps path on your desktop(Only windows). Once done open your Qliksense desktop and you can see it.