Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdaniels-obrien
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Donut Chart Extension Recommendations

Hi, 

I am looking for recommendations for an extension that offers a donut/circular gauge.  I need something that works using only one measure where I can set gauge colors and width.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdaniels-obrien
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you! I have figured out conditional coloring with the radial gauges.

I have defined a variable that gives the value of the radial gauge, such as quality.  I also have defined vRedThreshold and vYellowThreshold as variables so that a user can change the thresholds without having to edit the limits. 

Right now I have my red zone as: =if(vMyVariable < vRedThreshold , vMyVariable, 0) and my green zone right now is: vMyVariable

I want to add a yellow segment in between red and green zone.. What kind of expression should I use? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

What are you trying to achieve. This is possible in the standard gauge.

kdaniels-obrien
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I want to achieve something like a gauge but I am looking for a visualization that will be more clear at a quick glance.  The needle on the gauges are some what small.   For example,  the customer has asked for a donut gauge that shows a red progress bar when number is very low, a yellow progress bar when numbers are fair and a green progress bar when number are good.  I've attached a picture below of a similar chart.  If you know of a way to make the regular gauge behave this way, that would be another great solution! Thanks in advance! 🙂 donut gauge.png

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The regular/standard pie chart can be viewed as a donut with conditional coloring, or the radial gauge can have conditional coloring as well using segments.

kdaniels-obrien
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you! I have figured out conditional coloring with the radial gauges.

I have defined a variable that gives the value of the radial gauge, such as quality.  I also have defined vRedThreshold and vYellowThreshold as variables so that a user can change the thresholds without having to edit the limits. 

Right now I have my red zone as: =if(vMyVariable < vRedThreshold , vMyVariable, 0) and my green zone right now is: vMyVariable

I want to add a yellow segment in between red and green zone.. What kind of expression should I use? 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Just define the middle segment as yellow in the properties