Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfountain72
Creator II
Creator II

Drill-down Master date dimension not working

Hello,

I am trying to create a Master drill-down Dimension (Quarter, Month, Week, Date) for use in some line and/or bar charts. I added the date fields like so...

Quarter>Month>Week>DateQuarter>Month>Week>Date

I added the new Master Dimension to chart.The drill-down button appeared, but you can't click on it???

Icon is present, but no button to click?Icon is present, but no button to click?

I don't see any error messages. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

hi, 

You can use master drill down  dimension in chart , but you can't get button to select particular dimension like alternative dimension, you can drill down on chart by clicking on chart , like  year=>quater=>month=>week=>date.

note:ask me if you are not clear.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

If you want to change the dimension in  chart (line chart ,bar chart etc), you need to add  alternative  dimension in chart property pane like below shown below.

please check attached image for info.

cfountain72
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply. I've used Alternative Dimensions before, but Qlik indicates you can make Master drill-down Dimensions. If so, how would they be used?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Dimensions/create-dr...

mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

hi, 

You can use master drill down  dimension in chart , but you can't get button to select particular dimension like alternative dimension, you can drill down on chart by clicking on chart , like  year=>quater=>month=>week=>date.

note:ask me if you are not clear.

cfountain72
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks...that's good to know.

jcdatasax
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is not working for me. When click on year to drill down to months, it shows me all the months for all the years.