Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_s-cubed
Partner - Contributor III

Drill down dimension in stacked bar chart

Hi,

I have a stacked bar chart with two dimensions where the first dimension is a drill down-down consisting of country and region.

My problem is that I am not able to select a country on the x-axis of the chart in order to drill into the regions for this country. I am only able to select a country in a filter and then the chart drills into regions.

Shouldn't it be possible to select a dimension value from a stacked bar chart? I can see now that it is not related to the drill-down dimension as I have the same inability to select a specific country from the x-axis when the first dimension is country.

Thanks for your help.

BR

Daniel

1 Reply
daniel_s-cubed
Author

Hi again,

I haven't got any response to my question so I will try again.

To me it seems like there is a bug in Qlik Sense (both previous and latest version) as it is not possible to select a dimension value from a stacked bar chart by simply clicking on it.

When I click on a dimension value - e.g. CAN as below the only thing that happens is that the chart is activated:

However, when I do the same thing in a non-stacked bar chart I get the expected outcome - i.e. the value CAN is selected:

I get that you can select by highlighting a range as shown below but the most intuitive is to click on dimension value as you can do in all other charts.

Best regards

Daniel